Archived Forum Post

Index of archived forum posts


What Product Do I pUrchase...

May 09 '16 at 14:45

I have a Windows Server R2 (64) running SQL Server 2008 R2. I need to execute sFTP transfer from within a SQL stored procedure.

Which product should I purchase to accomplish this task?


"SFTP" is the acronym for Secure File Transfer over SSH, so you would need the SSH/SFTP license.
"FTPS" is the acronym for the FTP protocol using SSL/TLS, and for that you would need the FTP2 license.

I only say that to clarify, because sometimes people mix up "FTPS" and "SFTP", or write the incorrect acronym.. :-)


It is surely sFTP that I require. Thanks for your reply!