i am just starting with the chilkat mail components (still active x) and find out, that every mail i send with the tools arrives as spam or junk mail in Outlook.
What i'm doing wrong or i'm missing? Thks for any help.
best regards jeep10
I think you will find this has little or nothing to do with the Chilkat mail component and everything to do with the SMTP server/IP address you are sending the emails through.
A simple test would be to send identical emails using Chilkat and a different mail client (e.g. Outlook) using the same SMTP server and account for both (but don't use the recipient's account)
If the non-Chilkat email is not marked as spam and the Chilkat email is the the only think that comes to mind is to change the X-Mailer header (ChilkatEmail2.Mailer property) to make the email look as if it came from Outlook.
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
Of course, it could just be that the content of the email you are sending is very spam like....
thanks for your answer. Eeven changing the ChilkatEmail2.Mailer property as you suggested didn't Change the behaviour.
I only send a subject: test and a Body: test, so there isn't anything spam like.
i still don't get the Clou.
You should look at the spam settings in the recipient's POP/IMAP server or Outlook itself. I can't see any way an email sent via the Chilkat component should be classed as spam just because it was sent via Chilkat.
Does the received email have a header showing the spam score/tests? For example:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-4.4 required=5.0 tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_00 autolearn=ham version=3.1.0
The funny Thing is, if i send a mail without attachment the mail goes into junk mail, but i i sent a mail with attachment(s) the mail goes directly in incoming mails.
Again that's a spam filter configuration issue.
If you changed the X-Mailer header the incoming email server couldn't tell that the emails was sent via Chilkat MailMan and so can't discriminate against those emails specifically.
Have a look at the X-Spam-Status header (if there is one) on the received email to see why the email has been marked as spam.
i understood what you mean, but... The application should send mails to german health authority Servers. If the mail is concidered as junk/spam mail it will never arrive the recipient. I can't explain approx 1.500 server administrators that they have to check their spam/junk filter Settings.
May i send one mail with and another one without attachment to you an you could have a look at them? I don't want to publish them on a public board.
It's probably inappropriate to continue this conversation here as it's not a Chilkat issue
Please email me at mike [dot] walker [at] reklaw [hyphen]uk [dot] com
Many versions ago (and many years ago), Chilkat stopped initializing new email objects with the "X-Mailer" header pre-set. The initial naive idea was to be a good citizen and to provide identification of the software that was used to construct the email, similar to how Outlook and other email clients added X-Mailer headers to reflect the fact that it was those software programs that constructed the email.
Unfortunately, all it takes is a few spammers to illegally use pirated software to send email. This, in combination with anti-spam zealots that write SPAM filter rules without really investigating the matter, or who have no understanding of the X-Mailer email header or the ramifications for adding a rule that uses it, adversely affected many legitimate users.
Therefore, years ago, Chilkat's software was updated to produce emails that conform to the conventions/traditions used by the most popular email client programs (such as Mozilla Thunderbird). The X-Mailer field is not added, and other fields such as Message-ID were changed to conform.
In summary, if you are using an extremely old version of Chilkat, update to the latest version. If you still have trouble, it's typically not the MIME structure or non-content header fields causing it, but likely to be the actual content of the email (body, HTML body, subject, from address, recipient addresses, etc.)
Hi MikeW and chilkat,
i removed the x-mailer field and now ist working fine. That doesn't explain, why mails with attachment went thru before, and those without attachment didn't, but obviously it works now.
Thanks a lot for yor assistance, especially MikeW
Have a nice day.